Searching for Books
Search for the Text of Laws
Search Congressional for the full-text of laws beginning in 1987. Click on "Advanced Search" the deslect everything except ""
Earlier laws are available online through a basic Internet serach or from the United States Statutes at Large set located in the Government Publications area of the Library.
ADD EXAMPLES OF LEGAL CITATIONS. WERE CALLED CHAPTERS BEFORE 1957.
Look into http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Statutes_at_Large for online versions.
Articles and Databases
- Business Source Complete
- Search Business Source Complete for articles about your law and its impact from academic journals in business, economics and related fields. This database also covers some popular magazines and trade journals, so if you want to limit your results to academic journals, click on the box that says "Academic Journals" under the "Source Types" menu on the left of your search results screen.
- Academic via Lexis Nexis
- Search the Academic via LexisNexis database for articles from legal journals.
- 1. From the left navigation bar, select "U.S. Legal".
- 2. From the drop-down menu, select "Law Reviews".
- It may be helpful to sort your search results by relevance. Click on "Sort" and select "Relevance" from the pull-down menu.
- Search academic journals, trade magazines, newspapers and more.
- Search the following two databases for a broader, international perspective.
Full Text of Selected Laws
Below is the full-text of selected pre-1987 laws not available through the database Congressional via ProQuest.
Tomas Rivera Library